Sunday 15 April 2012

Reflection

Its incredible how so many aspects of life can change from one year to the next; from the smallest things like how you look (e.g. changing a hairstyle) or learning new stuff to bigger things like emotions and relationships (e.g. family; friends).

Last year (2011) around this time, these was one of my Facebook statuses: 
"Saare Jazbe, Saare Armaan, Saari Khushiyaan, Saari Duniya Tere Bagair; Tanhaiyyan, Tanhaiyyan..."
(which means: All Emotions, All Desires, All Happiness, The Whole World Without You; Loneliness, Loneliness...)


And another status:
"seriously if this year ends up getting any f*cking worse, it may end up killing me =|" 

Needless to have, things were pretty terrible; the year itself started off on a terrible foot and carried on over for most of the year.

This past week, I used the following three quotes as part of my 'Quote of the Day' initiative: 
1.“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” - Khalil Gibran
2. "Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form." - Rumi
3. "Patience is that a man bears whatever afflicts him and swallows his anger." - Imam Ali (AS) 

What I experienced in 2011 helped me grow without a doubt. And thus far in 2012 for the most part, things have gone pretty well. What an incredible change that has happened in the emotional aspect & relationship aspect of my life. Admittedly, sometimes when I look back it still hurts. But unlike before, I'm still able to smile because of the possibilities that are ahead.


"What started in October 2008 came to a close in October 2011."



No comments:

Post a Comment